Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Book Reviews

Writers write for a variety of reasons.  Part of our opinion unit, the students are asked to review books they would recommend someone reading or not recommend reading.  We are working on stating our opinion, giving reasons with details, and rating our books.  Below are a few of the first reviews we completed!


The Duckling Gets a Cookie
Book Review by:  Sophia S.

Do you like cookies?  If you like to laugh then I know a good book book for you.  It is called The Duckling Gets a Cookie.  He yells A LOT and he really wants that cookie.  I give it 5 and 1/2 stars...I SEE A COOKIE 

I Am Going
Book Review by:  Anna B.
Mo Willems is the Best writer and Mo has different books like Knuffle Bunny but my favorite book by Mo Willems is Elephant and Piggie: I Am Going.  Elephant is serious a lot and Piggie is happy.  He asks "Why, Why, Why" but he realizes he is just going to lunch.  He has punctuation that makes the book fun to read!  I give Mo 5 stars for this book!  

Knuffle Bunny
Book Review by: Nora B
I think that Knuffle Bunny is funny because Trixie's mom asked where's Knuffle Bunny and Trixie' family ran back to the laundromat to go look for Knuffle Bunny.  It makes me laugh because Trixie tries to tell her dad that she forgot Knuffle Bunny.  I give it 5 stars!

How Can I Get a Pet?
Book review by: Ella V.
Do you ask your parents for a pet?  Then read How Can I Get a Pet? because she keeps asking for pets.  Kim's mouse runs away and she found a pet called "Hermit Crab."  I give this book 5 stars and 2 thumbs up.  Read to find out if her mom let's her have that Hermit Crab.
A Big Guy Took My Ball
Book Review by:  Mrs. W
Mo Willems does it again!  If you love to laugh then you should read A Big Guy Took My Ball.  This story is about friendship and reminds us the importance of not judging others by their appearance and always including others.  This book gives readers the opportunity to sound like the characters and have fun doing it.  This book is off the charts funny and people of all ages will enjoy this 5 star humor.  Check out this fun Gerald and Piggie adventure.