Tuesday, September 4, 2018

First day exploration


Today we recorded how we write our name on the 1st day of kindergarten to use as evidence of our growth.  Growth in knowledge and skills is often challenging for students to see, self selecting evidence throughout the year will help make some of the abstractness more tangible.  





































Everyone loved exploring the math materials. The goal for this activity was exposure and opportunity to manipulate the tools we will be using in the classroom throughout the year.  The creativity was exploding: beehives, hotels, sky scrapers, pools, ice cream cones, cupcakes and many other ideas. I am sure I missed plenty as I engaged in play looking for reasons to stay at these amazing hotels and finding the best rate 🤔. 

Thank you for sharing your child with me on this educational journey.  I am honored!